CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

It's been way too long

I need to get on this more. I'm totally slacking. However, since my last post, I've been EXTREMELY busy. We've had family visiting, Alyssa and I have been to California for my Nephew's wedding. We were also able to visit some friends while we were there, but not nearly as many as I would have liked.
I've got some cards to post, that I made from the Close to My Heart "Tickled Pink" set. I'll post those soon.
I'm glad to say my nephew Brian (the one that just got married) and his new beautiful wife Brittney are moving here to Forks, Washington. I am so excited. I will have some of my family here. Grant it, they will be about 4 hours away, but it's a heck of a lot closer than California and Arizona where the rest of the family's at. So, I'm grateful I will have them that close.
Also while we were in California, I got so spend some time with my great niece Allie. She is so cute and what a personality she has on her. I've missed her. When I left Calfornia, she was only 2 mos old. She has grown a TON since we left. What a little Doll Baby she is. Soon she will have a baby sister who I'm sure will be just as cute.
Oh, and we've also been at Rod's mom (Ma) and wayne's (Pa) helping put in a garden. It is doing fabulous. We have potatoes, tomatoes, green beans, peas, beets, green onions, rutabaga, lettuce, zuchini, squash, cantaloupe, plus a bunch more I can't even think of. I am frequently told there are many weeds there with my name on them that need to be pulled. I guess I need to put on those garden boots and gloves and go pull weeds.
I'm also taking a watercolor class on Monday nights. I'm really liking that. It's a lot of fun. The paintings so far have turned out pretty good. I've posted one of them below. I'm actually surprised at some of them. I didn't know I could do that.
We also have a new kitten. Well he's not so new now. His name is Scout and he is a handful. When he was little he was a total snuggler and loves to have his belly rubbed. Not many cats I know will let you rub there bellies. He also loved to sleep on you, but now he's Mr. Independent. He definitely knows Alyssa is his Mommy. She can pretty much dress him in baby clothes and he'll let her do it. Here's a picture of him......
I've made this post especially long since its been FOREVER since I've been on here. I hope all is doing well. Take care.

1 comment:

CMbyVickie said...

Yay ... so glad you updated the blog!! It was GREAT to see you while you were in the "OC" but it just reminded me of how much I miss you!!! Love the watercolors that you did too. They're amazing. You're way too talented, chica! Uhhh, will you PLEASE make some cards with the prints of them (and send to me)? And the kitty is too sweet for words. Love that little purr machine. :) xoxox